Today I want to go back to the basics and dive into the main rules of forming essentials of your wardrobe and share with you the list of the basic pieces that works for me. Let me start by explaining what basics mean in my opinion: essentials that create the foundation of your wardrobe and help you to keep it well-maintained with little updates for the new season or the new year.
While I was forming my wardrobe basics I developed the following rules for classification pieces as basics:
1. They save your time and help you to avoid panic while creating an outfit, you can be ready for any event and get ready in five minutes.
2. Basics save money because once you’ll buy them, you’ll obtain the feeling of having enough clothes and pieces that are made of a high-quality material and don’t need to be replaced for a long time.
3. They are like connecting link: help you to combine different pieces of the rest of your wardrobe and goes with everything.
Before moving on to the list of the basics I’d like to underline that these essentials may not work for everyone. I mean some basic pieces of my wardrobe can be absolutely unnecessary or unacceptable for you. It varies on your personal style and preferences in clothes.
Here is the list of my basics, but don’t forget that I didn’t include shoes and accessories:
1. Leather jacket – for the first time give your choice to black or beige models like this or this. But if you already have it, it’s time to buy something a little unusual that fill into your basic pieces, like this one.
7. Sweater or jumper – pay attention to the material: the best option is made of cashmere.
These basics are the first and most important step in building the perfect wardrobe that helps you to keep it well-organized and prepare your closet for seasonal mini updates. I recommend you to look at the following stores for perfect basic pieces: one, two, three, four, five.
Do you have the same list of the basics? If not, share with me yours!