It is time to share my beauty secret weapon I am slightly obsessed – coconut oil! Packed with antioxidants and healthy acids, coconut oil has numerous benefits for your body and skin and it is also perfect natural addition to your beauty routine. Here are seven super quick and easy ways to use coconut oil!
This simple coffee scrub is worthy alternative to expensive scrubs you see in stores! You can apply it on your face and body for silky and gentle skin.
1 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp coffee grounds
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Massage your body in circular motions for 30 seconds and rinse.
Apply a thin layer of coconut oil on your legs and shave per usual. Coconut oil will make your legs smooth, and help you to avoid skin irritation and razor burn.
Coconut oil nourishes the scalp, penetrates hair shaft and promotes hair growth. This hair mask is full of vitamins and make your hair strong and healthy. Do this treatment twice a week and you will see the result very soon!
1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp natural yogurt
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Apply the mask onto hair, from the scalp to the ends.
3. Wrap up your hair and leave the mask for 20-30 minutes.
4. Rinse with a shampoo.
Use a cotton ball or fingers, take a small amount of coconut oil and massage in circular motions. The oil will gently wipe away make-up and will also moisturizes your skin. Coconut oil is a must for gentle skin around eyes!
This mask has double advantage for you face: banana hydrates your skin, while coconut oil and turmeric work as acne-fighting element.
1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 ripe banana, turmeric
1. Mash up banana and add coconut oil and a pinch of turmeric.
2. Apply the mixture onto face and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
3. Rinse off with water.
Massage coconut oil around your nails to smooth cuticles and promote nail growth. You can also add a few drops of vitamin E in it to get hydrated cuticle and get rid of the dryness.
This butter is a magical treatment for your dry body! Apply it and enjoy your incredibly gentle skin. It’s not greasy and absorbs quickly.
1/4 coconut oil, 1/2 shea butter
1. Melt coconut oil and shea butter together.
2. Leave the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Take a small about of butter and massage your body.
There is no end to the benefits of coconut oil and ways of use it. Let me know in the comments below if you use coconut oil and share with me your favorite beauty receipts!